Thursday, February 16, 2006

60 Days 60 Nights


Today marks the completion of 60 days of my hiatus from home. Hyderabad…Hmmm…honestly…It’s not what I thought it would be.

It really is a hot dusty city with a mix of Hindu Muslim population.

Major grumbles:

  • Random locations. (Place A has a single Mini Mall, and place B has a Mini Mall. Great right. Except that there’s like a ton of kilometers between them and Narrow slow moving road between them.)
  • Lack of Things to do. It’s not really a tourist city, nor does it have it share of happening places. Barista and CCD are not exactly JOINTS.
  • The Food Sucks and not to mention “Service” is unheard of here, whether its Pizza hut or Noodle Bar or any good chain.
  • Biryaani in not what I thought it would be. I Mean people who have had good Punjabi Food would not be impressed, No great shakes I swear.
  • People are conservative; Chandigarh is by far “chic”.

  • It’s a village of a city, with markets lined across roads which crisscross the city.

  • I am in Jubilee Hills, the most “posh” area in Hyderabad and possibly all of AP. It doesn’t impress me much.

  • My Office is in the middle of a Residential area and does not have anything in the vicinity(café, market, Phone booths). It also lacks a Canteen! So life is, well not so great in that sense.

But even then, I think it’s a great experience. Can’t wait for it to get better though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well 60 dayz 60 nights is just the most "original" thing ever........i'm truly inspired now to move someplace and then experience it the same wasy u r doing it!!!!---harpriya

Cruel Intentions said...

And Are The Views Still The Same???